Service & Results.

nyc criminal lawyers over 30 years of experienceWe Know How To Win Cases

Spodek Law Group handles tough cases
nationwide, that demand excellence.

Get Free Consultation

Faced 5+ Years in Prison

People Vs Joseph Amico

Covered by NYDaily News. Las Vegas man accused of threatening a prominent attorney and making vile remarks.

Faced 10+ Years in Prison

People Vs. Anna Sorokin

Covered by New York Times, and other outlets. Fake heiress accused of conning the city’s wealthy, and has an HBO special being made about her.

Faced 3+ Years in Prison

People Vs. Genevieve Sabourin

Accused of stalking Alec Baldwin. The case garnered nationwide attention, with USAToday, NYPost, and other media outlets following it closely.

Faced Potential Charges

Ghislaine Maxwell Juror

Juror who prompted calls for new Ghislaine Maxwell trial turns to lawyer who defended Anna Sorokin.

Why Choose Us

Clients can use our portal to track the status of their case, stay in touch with us, upload documents, and more.

Regardless of the type of situation you're facing, our attorneys are here to help you get quality representation.

We can setup consultations in person, over Zoom, or over the phone to help you. Bottom line, we're here to help you win your case.

Law in the Media

View All

Meet Todd Spodek


The Spodek Law Group understands how delicate high-profile cases can be, and has a strong track record of getting positive outcomes. Our lawyers service a clientele that is nationwide. With offices in both LA and NYC, and cases all across the country - Spodek Law Group is a top tier law firm.

Todd Spodek is a second generation attorney with immense experience. He has many years of experience handling 100’s of tough and hard to win trials. He’s been featured on major news outlets, such as New York Post, Newsweek, Fox 5 New York, South China Morning Post, Insider.com, and many others.

In 2022, Netflix released a series about one of Todd’s clients: Anna Delvey/Anna Sorokin.

Why Clients Choose Spodek Law Group

The reason is simple: clients want white glove service, and lawyers who can win. Every single client who works with the Spodek Law Group is aware that the attorney they hire could drastically change the outcome of their case. Hiring the Spodek Law Group means you’re taking your future seriously. Our lawyers handle cases nationwide, ranging from NYC to LA. Our philosophy is fair and simple: our nyc criminal lawyers only take on clients who we know will benefit from our services.

We’re selective about the clients we work with, and only take on cases we know align with our experience – and where we can make a difference. This is different from other law firms who are not invested in your success nor care about your outcome.

If you have a legal issue, call us for a consultation.
We are available 24/7, to help you with any – and all, challenges you face.

How To Get a Provisional Waiver of Inadmissibility

How To Get a Provisional Waiver of Inadmissibility

Individuals who have accrued more than 180 days of unlawful presence in the U.S. may be subject to 3 or 10-year bars from re-entering the country if they leave. To avoid prolonged separation from family, a provisional unlawful presence waiver (Form I-601A) allows certain individuals to apply for a pardon of inadmissibility while remaining in the U.S.

Who Is Eligible

To qualify for a provisional waiver, you must meet all the following criteria according to USCIS:

  • Be at least 17 years old
  • Be physically present in the U.S. to file Form I-601A
  • Have an immigrant visa case pending with Department of State based on an approved petition, for which visa processing fees have been paid
  • Only be inadmissible to the U.S. due to unlawful presence for more than 180 days
  • Be able to demonstrate extreme hardship to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident spouse or parent if refused admission

You are not eligible if you are in removal proceedings, have a final order of removal, have certain criminal issues, or are subject to other grounds of inadmissibility beyond unlawful presence.

Filing the Provisional Waiver Application

According to Avvo, the process for getting a provisional unlawful presence waiver involves the following steps:

  1. File Form I-130 petition for an immigrant relative visa
  2. Once approved, beneficiary files Form I-601A provisional waiver application with evidence of relationship and extreme hardship
  3. If approved, beneficiary departs U.S. for consular interview
  4. Consular officer makes final decision on immigrant visa application

The current I-601A filing fee is $585 plus an $85 biometrics fee. Processing times range from 6 to 12 months. Approval is not guaranteed – you still have to convince the consular officer that you merit a waiver.

Supporting Documents

According to FindLaw, you’ll need to submit documentation on:

  • Your eligibility for an immigrant visa
  • Relationship to the qualifying U.S. relative
  • How denial of your admission would cause extreme hardship

Examples of evidence for extreme hardship include:

Category Documents
Health issues Medical records, doctor letters
Financial loss Tax returns, employment records, bills
Emotional difficulties Counselor letters, prescription records

It’s essential to gather as much compelling evidence as possible to prove extreme hardship and win approval.

After Getting the Provisional Waiver

According to USCIS [6], once your provisional waiver is approved, you must:

  • Depart the U.S. for your immigrant visa interview
  • Clear all required medical exams and background checks
  • Convince the consular officer to issue your immigrant visa

As immigration lawyer u/ImmLaw123 explains:

Getting the waiver approved is just the first step. You still have to leave the U.S. and convince the embassy you deserve a green card. It’s not guaranteed.

In other words, the provisional waiver helps you avoid bars for unlawful presence, but doesn’t assure visa approval. You need to make a strong case to the consular officer.


For immigrants with unlawful U.S. presence seeking green cards, the I-601A provisional waiver is essential for avoiding 3 or 10-year bars and prolonged separation from family. If you meet all eligibility criteria and can prove extreme hardship, it’s well worth consulting with an attorney and filing for immigration forgiveness.

Just remember, approval is not guaranteed, so you must continue gathering supporting materials even after getting your provisional waiver grant notice. With thorough preparation and a compelling application, your chances of finally obtaining lawful permanent residence will be much higher.


Free Consultation


I was searching for a law firm with some power to help me deal with a warrant in New York . After 6 days I decided to go with Spodek Law Group. It helped that This law firm is well respected by not only the top law firms in New York , but the DA , Judge as well. I...

~Fonder Brandon

5 Stars
It was my good fortune to retain Spodek Law Group for representation for my legal needs. From the beginning, communication was prompt and thorough. Todd, Kenneth and Alex were the first people I worked with and they all made me feel comfortable and confident that the team was going to work hard for me. Everything was explained and any concerns...

~A G

5 Stars
After meeting with several law firms, I chose the Spodek Law Group not only for their professionalism and experience, but for the personal attention given to me right from the initial consultation. It is important to recognize how crucial having the right legal team is when faced with potentially life altering events that impact families and the lives of loved...

~George Cherubini

Spodek Law Group

White Glove Service

We Provide Superior Service, Excellent Results, At A Level Superior To Other Criminal Defense Law Firms. Regardless Of Where Your Case Is, Nationwide, We Can Help You.
View More

Request Free Consultation

Please fill out the form below to receive a free consultation, we will respond to
your inquiry within 24-hours guaranteed.


85 Broad St 30th Floor, New York, NY 10004


get directions

Los Angeles

611 S Catalina St Suite 222, Los Angeles, CA 90005


get directions


35-37 36th St, 2nd Floor Astoria, NY 11106


get directions


195 Montague St., 14th Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11201


get directions
Call Now!