Pharmacy Law Lawyers
Our firm represents pharmacies and pharmacists who are dealing with legal issues. This includes things such as license violations, Drug Enforcement Administration complaints and prescription fraud. We have represented pharmacists, physicians and other healthcare professionals who are under criminal investigation.
We have also represented medical professionals who have had trouble obtaining a DEA number. Additionally, our firm helps people prepare legal documents and contracts.
What Should You do if You are Under Investigation?
If you have received a letter saying that you are under investigation, then this is something that you will need to take seriously. You will need to hire an attorney as soon as possible.
What You May Not Know
- You do not need to give a written or oral statement to the investigator.
- You do not have to give the investigator your resume.
- The Fifth Amendment gives you the right to remain silent. You do not want to say or do anything that can be used against you.
- You can use professional liability insurance or malpractice insurance to pay for your legal defense.
- You will be able to obtain a copy of the investigation. You can also rebut it.
Some of the Other Things That You may not Know
- You should never relinquish your license if you are being investigated.
- You do not want to request an informal hearing. This is saying that all of the allegations that are being made are true.
- You will have to report any disciplinary action against you to the board. You will likely lose your national certification.
- If you are licensed in another state, then they will know about the investigations.
- The Inspector General and National Practitioner Data Bank will also know about the investigation. You will then be excluded from the Medicare Program. This means that you will not be able to work for the government or any healthcare agency.
Our attorneys have been able to successfully represent pharmacies and other people who work in the healthcare industry. We may be able to help you get your case dismissed. If we are not able to get your case dismissed, then we can represent you in a trial and help you obtain a favorable result.
We know that you have spent a lot of time and money earning your professional certifications. You do not want to give all of that up. Our attorneys can help you keep everything that you have worked hard to obtain.
Why It Is important to buy Insurance Coverage
We recommend that all pharmacists have professional liability insurance. You should have at least $25,000 in coverage for your professional license defense. It is a good idea to increase it to at least $50.000.
It is important to have this insurance before you get any legal complaints filed against you. It will be a lot harder for you to hire an attorney if you do not have any insurance. It is important to choose a board-certified lawyer who has experience representing attorneys.
- Anti-Kickback Laws (Florida)
- Anti-Kickback Laws (Michigan) Lawyers
- CERT Audit & Investigation Process
- Criminal Defense for Pain Clinics
- Criminal Healthcare Defense Lawyers
- False Claims Act Lawyers
- FDA Inspections Lawyers
- Health Care Audits Lawyers
- Health Care Fraud & Prescription Fraud Lawyers
- Healthcare Criminal Conduct Defense Lawyers
- Home Health Care Fraud Lawyers
- MAC Audits & Appeals Lawyers
- Medicaid Fraud Defense Lawyers
- Medicare Fraud Defense Lawyers
- Pharmacist License Defense Lawyers
- Pharmacy Inspections Lawyers
- Pharmacy Law Lawyers
- Pharmacy Ownership Lawyers
- Physician Substance Abuse Lawyers Lawyers
- RAC Audit Process
- Stark Laws Lawyers
- Tax Related Convictions Federal Appeals Lawyers
- Unlawful Prescribing or Dispensing
- ZPIC Audits Lawyers