Best Moreno Valley Criminal Lawyers
Finding the Best Criminal Defense Lawyers in Moreno Valley, CA
Getting arrested or charged with a crime in Moreno Valley can be a scary and overwhelming experience. The stakes are high and you need an experienced criminal defense lawyer on your side to protect your rights. But with so many options to choose from, how do you find the very best criminal defense lawyer for your specific case in Moreno Valley?
I’ve put together this guide to help make your search easier. I’ll go over what to look for when hiring a criminal defense attorney, questions to ask during your consultation, and provide my top recommendations for the best criminal lawyers in Moreno Valley.
What to Look for When Hiring a Criminal Defense Lawyer
Here are the most important factors to consider when researching criminal defense attorneys in Moreno Valley:
- Experience handling your specific type of criminal charges – You’ll want to find a lawyer with a proven track record dealing with cases similar to yours. Look for attorneys who focus their practice on your charges like DUI, drug crimes, domestic violence, etc.
- Knowledge of local courts and laws – An understanding of Riverside County courts and California criminal law is crucial. Find a lawyer familiar with local judges, prosecutors and court procedures.
- Resources to build a strong defense – Top attorneys have access to investigators, forensic experts, and other resources to build a solid case.
- Negotiation skills – The best lawyers are confident negotiators who can work with prosecutors towards a fair plea deal or dismissal if appropriate.
- Trial experience – If your case may go to trial, prior experience litigating criminal cases before local juries is extremely valuable.
- Client reviews – Check online reviews to get a feel for an attorney’s communication skills, responsiveness, legal knowledge and results.
Questions to Ask During a Consultation
When meeting with a prospective criminal defense lawyer, come prepared with questions to help you determine if they are the right attorney for you. Here are some important questions to ask:
- How much experience do you have handling my specific charges?
- What will your legal fees be and what is included?
- What is your case strategy and how will you defend me?
- Will you be the attorney actually handling my case?
- What are the possible outcomes and penalties I’m facing?
- Have you negotiated plea bargains with the local prosecutors before?
- Will my case likely go to trial and if so, what is your trial record?
- How responsive are you and how often will we communicate?
Pay attention not just to the answers they give, but also their communication style, confidence and overall expertise. Go with your gut feeling on which lawyer seems the most qualified to handle your specific criminal charges.
My Top Recommendations for Moreno Valley Criminal Defense Lawyers
Based on experience, client reviews and results, here are my picks for the top criminal defense attorneys in Moreno Valley:
1. The Law Offices of Kyle Humphrey
The Law Offices of Kyle Humphrey is my top choice for criminal defense in Moreno Valley. Kyle Humphrey is an aggressive and skilled trial lawyer with over 15 years of experience. He’s handled thousands of criminal cases in Riverside County courts ranging from DUIs to domestic violence and drug crimes. Kyle is known for his meticulous case preparation, creative legal strategies, and fighting passionately for his clients in the courtroom.
2. The Law Office of David G. Brown
Criminal defense attorney David G. Brown has an impressive track record obtaining dismissals, acquittals and favorable plea deals for clients facing serious felony charges. A former prosecutor, David leverages his experience on both sides of criminal law to anticipate prosecution strategies and build rock-solid defenses. His rates are also very reasonable.
3. The Law Offices of Vincent Ross
Aggressive defense lawyer Vincent Ross is a former public defender who isn’t afraid to take cases to trial when necessary. He has a proven ability to identify weaknesses in the prosecution’s case and attack their evidence. Vincent is also skilled at negotiating with prosecutors for reduced charges or sentences. He provides high-quality legal representation at affordable rates.