Best Louisville Criminal Lawyers
Finding the Best Criminal Defense Lawyer in Louisville, Kentucky
Getting arrested or charged with a crime in Louisville can be a scary and overwhelming experience. The consequences of a criminal conviction can haunt you for the rest of your life. Having an experienced and aggressive criminal defense lawyer on your side is crucial for protecting your rights and future.
But with so many options to choose from, how do you find the best criminal lawyer in Louisville to handle your specific case? This article reviews some of the top-rated and most successful criminal defense attorneys in Louisville, Kentucky to help you make an informed decision when selecting legal representation.
Factors to Consider When Hiring a Louisville Criminal Defense Lawyer
Here are some key factors to keep in mind when researching criminal defense lawyers in the Louisville area:
- Experience handling your specific type of criminal charges
- Track record of positive case results, such as dismissals, acquittals, and favorable plea bargains
- Knowledge of local courts, judges, and prosecutors
- Resources and willingness to thoroughly investigate your case
- Communication skills to explain the legal process and keep you informed
- Commitment to personalized attention and compassion for clients
- Affordable legal fees and payment plans
Top Criminal Defense Law Firms in Louisville
Olash Law Office
Olash Law Office is a highly respected criminal defense firm in Louisville with over 25 years of experience. Founding attorney John Olash is praised for his courtroom skills and history of winning cases through settlements or trials. He handles a wide range of criminal charges from DUI to serious felonies like murder.
McKinley and Meagher
Led by the accomplished defense lawyer Scott C. McKinley, McKinley and Meagher provides aggressive defense for clients facing any type of criminal accusation in Louisville. McKinley is a past president of the Kentucky Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Law Offices of Steve Romines
Steve Romines is a seasoned trial lawyer who has been practicing criminal defense in Louisville for over 20 years. He has successfully defended high profile homicide and sex crime cases. Romines is also experienced in appeals and post-conviction proceedings.
Jewell and Collins
The law firm of Jewell and Collins handles all types of criminal cases in Louisville and surrounding counties. Their team of ten attorneys has centuries of combined courtroom experience. Founding partners Gregory Simms Jewell and Thomas Clay Collins are both included in the Super Lawyers listing of top lawyers.
Kent Wicker Law Firm
Kent Wicker is a seasoned Louisville criminal defense lawyer who takes on serious felony cases including murder, sex crimes, federal offenses, and appeals. He is a frequent legal analyst for local media outlets. Wicker has over 85 jury trial wins under his belt.
How to Choose the Right Louisville Criminal Defense Lawyer for Your Case
The attorney you choose to handle your criminal case in Louisville can greatly impact the outcome. Here are some tips for selecting the lawyer that is the best fit for you:
- Look for a lawyer with specific experience handling charges like yours – for example, DUI lawyers or sex crimes lawyers.
- Ask about the lawyer’s trial record and history of positive case results.
- Make sure the attorney has resources to independently investigate your case.
- Consider lawyers recommended by trusted friends or family.
- Schedule consultations with a few top choices to meet the attorneys in person.
- Pay attention to how well the lawyer communicates with you.
- Go with the attorney you feel most confident in and comfortable with.
The stakes are high when facing criminal prosecution, so take time to make an informed decision. Retaining one of the skilled defense lawyers profiled above can help relieve stress and give you peace of mind that your case is in capable hands.