Best Huntsville Criminal Lawyers
Need a Criminal Lawyer in Huntsville, Alabama?
Getting arrested or charged with a crime in Huntsville can be scary. You may be worried about going to jail, paying fines, or having a criminal record. A good Huntsville criminal defense lawyer can help protect your rights and fight the charges against you.
There are many experienced criminal attorneys in the Huntsville area who know the local courts and laws. They can advise you on the best legal strategies based on the details of your case.
Common Criminal Charges in Huntsville
Some of the most common criminal charges in Huntsville include:
- Drug possession
- Domestic violence
An attorney can look at the evidence against you and build the strongest defense to fight the charges. For example, they may argue an illegal search defense if the police violated your rights.
The Benefits of Hiring a Local Huntsville Criminal Lawyer
There are many benefits to hiring an experienced criminal defense attorney in Huntsville instead of a public defender or an out-of-town lawyer:
- They have in-depth knowledge of Alabama and Huntsville criminal laws and court procedures.
- They have good working relationships with local prosecutors and judges.
- They can negotiate with the district attorney for reduced charges or alternate sentencing.
- They will fight aggressively to protect your rights and freedom.
Don’t take chances with your future. Contact a skilled Huntsville criminal lawyer for help fighting your charges.
Common Criminal Charges
Some of the most common criminal charges in Huntsville that a defense lawyer can help with include:
- DUI/DWI – Driving under the influence is a serious charge in Alabama that can lead to fines, license suspension, and jail time. A lawyer can challenge breathalyzer results or argue improper administration of field sobriety tests .
- Drug possession – Possession of illegal drugs like cocaine, heroin, methamphetamines or prescription medications without a valid prescription can lead to criminal penalties. An attorney may argue illegal search and seizure or lack of knowledge of the drugs .
- Theft/larceny – Taking someone’s property without permission can be charged as misdemeanor petit larceny or felony grand larceny depending on value. A lawyer can argue mistaken identity or work out a plea deal .
- Assault – Violent crimes like assault and battery are prosecuted aggressively in Alabama. An attorney can argue self-defense or negotiate reduced charges like disorderly conduct .
- Domestic violence – Abuse against a spouse, partner or family member brings harsh penalties. A lawyer may dispute the accusations or work to get charges dismissed .
Benefits of a Local Lawyer
Hiring a criminal defense lawyer who is based in Huntsville and familiar with the local courts has many advantages, such as:
- Knowledge of Alabama criminal code and Huntsville judges and prosecutors.
- Ability to negotiate plea bargains and alternate sentencing options.
- Relationships with court staff, clerks, and police department.
- Understanding of how things work in practice vs. theory.
- Convenience of having a lawyer close by.
Leading Defense Lawyers in Huntsville
Some of the most experienced criminal defense attorneys in Huntsville include:
Nesha Q.S. Wright – Spencer Wright Law Firm
Founder Nesha Wright has over 12 years experience representing clients accused of various crimes from marijuana possession to assault charges. She thoroughly investigates each case and develops effective defense strategies .
Russell Crumbley – Crumbley & Crumbley, LLC
With nearly 80 years combined experience, the defense lawyers at Crumbley & Crumbley offer free consultations and have successfully defended DUI, theft, and other charges across North Alabama courtrooms .
Justin Clark – Clark Law Firm LLC
Justin Clark focuses his practice on criminal defense, DUI, traffic cases, and civil litigation. Over his career he has helped many clients facing criminal charges in Huntsville and surrounding areas .